Ann’s Top 10 picks for Kauai:
- Duke’s Restaurant located on the beach in Lihue. Eat Hula Pie. Everything on the menu is good and the presentation is beautiful. Everything. Learn about the most famous surfer from Hawaii too! Call ahead for reservations 808-246-9599
- Smith’s Tropical Paradise Luau https://www.smithskauai.com/garden-luau/ $98/person, closed on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays located in Kapa'a. Crafts, dinner and a show!! Great deal.
- Wailua River Cruise to the Fern Grotto https://www.smithskauai.com/fern-grotto/ $25/person, every day. Located near the Luau.
Hanakapiai Falls Hike (North Shore) Hike 2 miles along the seacoast to Hanakapiai Beach and then two more miles up the valley to a thundering waterfall and pool. Trail upriver is fairly challenging. 8-miles round-trip in all from the trailhead at Kee Beach.
- Eat Shave Ice. Way different than snow cones. Try one somewhere on a day you are sweating in the humidity. Maybe after the hike!
- Snorkeling- Poipu Beach or Tunnels Beach. You will need to rent or buy your own snorkel gear.
- Napali coast boat cruise with snorkeling. Lunch is usually included. I recommend the following company. https://bluedolphinkauai.com/tours/deluxe-napali-coast-snorkel-scuba/
- Kayak zipline adventure or horseback riding https://princevilleranch.com/jungle-valley-adventure/ I chose this company because it was close to the condominiums we were staying out, but it was a blast to ride in a jeep and hike to the canal we were able to kayak, zip line, eat lunch and swim!
- Flea markets on the highway. If you see white tents on the side of the road, just stop and check things out! There are unique vendors with handmade goods.
- Stand up Paddle board tour in Hanalei or Surf lessons. http://www.kauaisurflessons.com/surf_lessons.html